Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Spring Days

I am so content to enjoy a lazy day. Hubby is home for Spring break. We are planting our back yard. So far we have pink rhodes, lithodora, cyprus, photinia, laurel and forsythia. I started to grow seeds for perennials about 3 weeks ago. They are about 2 inches tall, now. I am planning an herb garden. But I'm not sure where I'll put it. I am excited about growing tomatoes and cucumbers, my favorite vegetables to munch on. I have seeded peas and will be planting them soon.
I was able to enrich our front yard with grass seed and peat moss. I am able to do these activities slowly and not hurt myself. Our front yard is in desperate need of green color. I enjoy the delights of nurturing that what I've been entrusted. I have already prayed with Darrel that the Lord will allow the seeds to sprout and beautify our lawn. I was so happy to hear that we are expecting rain over the next week. I'll have to be diligent to water for 2-3 weeks if it doesn't rain. We just had a real down pour with hail, now it's only a nice sprinkle. Chow for now!

1 Corinthians 3:8
Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment