Thursday, March 11, 2010

Christ's Peace

This is what I cry out for...PEACE.

God went to great extremity to give me what I long for. Christ died for the ungodly. Practically, what does this mean?

I find it happens when I am quiet, maybe I am doing mundane chores, it can happen as I review the events of the day or if I am awaken from my nights rest. What is it that wars in our hearts and creates distress in our lives and shatters our peace? The should haves, could haves, would haves. Are these thoughts from God? Self talk has an interesting power over me.

The written word is powerful, but the spoken word makes me want to act immediately. Are the words we hear coming from a dark voice of condemnation? Are they instructive? Do they lift and cause our hearts to joy? Or make us hang our heads in shame?

The word of God teaches

It is an awesome thing to be made new. A new heart. What a treasured gift.

God is interested in making a new creature. One who has the freedom to respond freely from the heart.
It was accomplished at the cross.

Ephesians 2:15 By abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the enmity [caused by] the Law with its decrees and ordinances [which He annulled]; that He from the two might create in Himself one new man [one new quality of humanity out of the two], so making peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment